As a car owner, you know that listening to music while driving alone surely lights up the mood. But most of the cars are not available with built-in amplifiers that can boost up the sound system of your car.
So, for this reason, you need to install an amplifier externally in your car. But there are a lot of amplifiers for cars in the market to choose from. So, it might feel a little for you to choose the best one for you.
Good news for you is that you don’t have to worry about that issue anymore. Today I have an article for you that will help you to choose the best amplifier for Car Audio.
From this article not only, you will learn about how to select the best car amplifier but also find out about some of the best amplifiers in the market.
You will see that each and every amplifier I have here, will have a unique feature that makes it the best.
So, let’s get started.
- 1 How to Select the Best Amplifier for Car Audio
- 2 8 Best Amplifiers For Car Audio Reviews
- 2.1 SCV-2000D Sundown Audio – Best Amplifier For Basshead
- 2.2 JL Audio JX1000/1D
- 2.3 Pioneer GM-D8601 Class D Mono Amplifier – Best car amplifier for the money
- 2.4 New Alpine MRV-M500 Amplifier- The Digital Trend – Best car amplifier for sound quality
- 2.5 Pioneer GM-D9605 GM – The Powerful Amplifier – Best car amplifier for bass
- 2.6 Rockford Fosgate R600X5 Prime- The Sound God
- 2.7 Kenwood KAC-9106D
- 2.8 Rockford Fosgate R250X4
- 3 THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUY AMPLIFIER
- 4 How To Install an Amplifier [ 4 Steps]
- 5 Conclusion
How to Select the Best Amplifier for Car Audio
Before you learn about the best car amplifier here I have a guide that will help you to select the best one from the market.
You can simply follow the points I have given below or Click Here for detail guide.
- First of all, try to choose the one which takes little power. Because the lesser the power is the smoother the sound will be.
- Next, you have focused on the size of the amplifier. Try to buy an amplifier which is quite compact and is easier to install.
- In the market, most of the car amplifier will not have the mono-block power supply. But it is better than any ordinary power supply. So, try to choose the one with a mono-block power supply.
- Try to find an amplifier with a wider range of frequency. Because the wide the range is the more navigation of sound will be available for you.
- Finally, see if the amplifier includes equalizer or not. Because equalizers will help you to set the bass perfectly for different types of music.
So now you know how you can choose the best car amplifier from the market. Now let’s get started on the products that you can select from.
8 Best Amplifiers For Car Audio Reviews
|1. SCV-2000D Sundown Audio|
|2. JL Audio JX1000/1D|
|3. Pioneer GM-D8601|
|4. Alpine MRV-M500|
|5. Pioneer GM-D9605 GM|
|8. Rockford Fosgate R600X5 Prime|
|6. Kenwood KAC-9106D|
|8. Rockford Fosgate R250X4|
If you are thinking about getting an amplifier which has several RMS power then the SCV-2000D Sundown Audio is perfect for you.
Because the SCV-2000D Sundown Audio will provide you 1 ohm, 2 ohms, and even 4-ohm mono RMS power with 2000 Watt. So, it will amplify the sound at different levels.
The frequency crossover of this amazing amplifier is the low pass. Moreover, it gives you a huge range of frequency. To be specific you will get 35 Hz to 300 Hz of frequency.
For this reason, you can set the sound level to various frequencies as you like. Aside from such huge frequency range, you will also get 90 dB of signal noise ratio.
The input sensitivity of the SCV-2000D Sundown Audio is less than or equal to 5 percent. Which means it responds faster when you connect it. So, this is very helpful for you.
You should use a fuse rating of 150 amperes in order to get the best efficiency in this amazing amplifier. In the 4-ohm RMS power, you can get up to 86% of efficiency which is better than most other amplifiers in the market.
Aside from all these amazing features, the length of this device is only 16.53 inches for which it doesn’t take much space to fit in.
- Includes a wide range of frequency.
- Provides several RMS power ohms.
- Tuning of this product is of high quality.
- Compact size for fitting in perfectly.
- Contains a gain remote which is great.
- Setting the frequency is a little difficult.
Monoblock amplifiers are always better than normal amplifiers. The JL Audio JX1000/1D is such an amplifier with JX series monoblock. It has RMS value of 500, 750 and 1000 as well.
Not only that the values are variable along with the ohms as well. For this reason, you can set different options for your amplifier.
The power supply of the JL Audio JX1000/1D is unregulated. But don’t worry about that because it is switching type. So you can turn the switch on and off for the power supply.
Unlike most other amplifiers the most amazing thing the JL Audio JX1000/1D is that it has variable bass boost. This means you can set the bass to the different scale.
But the awesome fact about this is the range of the bass that you can set. The range starts from 0 dB and ends in 12 dB. So this is very helpful for you to choose from a wide range of bass.
The turning on the process of this amazing amplifier is the soft start for which you can turn on the amplifier without any hesitations.
Moreover, the length of the JL Audio JX1000/1D is only 11 inches so it is very compact and you can set it easily in your car.
- Works amazingly with remote bass control.
- Fits in small areas.
- Amplifying capability is very powerful.
- The bass is both strong and solid.
- The installation process is very easy.
- Works perfectly with bass knob.
- Light in weight and very compact.
- This amplifier is not refurbished.
- Turning on takes some time.
Trying to avoid a boring drive to work? This amplifier will save you from these situations. The Pioneer GM-D8601 Class D Mono Amplifier is a product for almost all car owners who aim to avoid boring drives.
This product not only gives off a piece of crisp and clean music, but it also improves the sound quality remarkably.
The manufacturer of this product, a company, named Pioneer is a heavyweight in the auto music industry. Hardly would you discuss any auto music product ranging from aftermarket head units, car speakers, to amplifiers, and you won’t make a mention of them. This amplifier is another show of force to dwarf their competition in this industry.
This small but useful amplifier from Pioneer is studded with top features for an efficient amplifier for your music satisfaction. Here’s some which we mentioned;
Remember when it was said a 1000 watts speaker was the greatest?
Well, this amplifier possesses 1600 watts of power which ensures a super sound. You might think that since it has these much watts of power, it will be a big sized amplifier, but I’m sorry to disappoint your thoughts. This is a compact amplifier which can effortlessly fit into even small cars.
Many amplifiers in the market today always experience heating issues, but not this product.
It also features a wired bass boost remote and variable bass control. This Pioneer GM-D8601 is Best car amplifier for the money.
- Greatly reputable brand
- Class D amp
- Protection Control System
- Wired bass boost remote included
- More extended usage range might result in overheating.
Alpine introduced the new V-Power MRV-M500 MRV-M250 and MRV-F300 digital amplifiers. The models in this family can be installed without changing the original hi-fi system, which helps improve the sound quality of the vehicle without significant changes and also avoids a considerable investment.
Another advantage is that high-level inputs allow you to connect directly to almost any home radio, without the need for external converters. And thanks to the processor thermal management of these new amplifiers, you can listen to music for an extended period without the risk of a break, giving you sound without distortion or interruption.
If you want to control the amplifier remotely, then add the RUX-KNOB so the user will have full control from the dashboard for instant bass adjustment. It is also possible to manage multiple amplifiers from a controller with simple phone cord adapters.
The new Alpine MRV-M500, boosters offer to gain control with an input voltage range of 0.2V to 4V, Bass EQ, low-pass and high-pass filter (amp mono low-pass only), high-level input and thermal management processor that ensures that the heat is never excessive. No distortion, no interruption.
Regarding aesthetics, new side covers provide an excellent and secure connection and give a nice aesthetic finish by hiding the connections. This Alpine MRV-M500 best car amplifier for sound quality.
- Reputable brand
- Class D digital amplifier
- Dual internal error correction
- Compatible with RUX-KNOB
- Heating issues
Here is another Pioneer product present on our review today. The Pioneer GM-D9605 amplifier is a powerful car stereo enhancer which is sharp looking and it’s the best car amplifier for bass.
. It boasts of awesome sound amplification and high efficiency. This product produces 75 watts RMS to its rear and each frontal speakers, and for its subwoofer, it gives up to 600 watts RMS. Below we will speak a little about its features;
Powerful Sound: This powerful amplifier features a rating of 2000w, gives you shivers? Lol, this certainly makes you understand what to expect from this Pioneer product which is loud sound and thumping bass.
Top Class Audio: Just like it’s the younger version which we mentioned, the Pioneer GM-D9605 amplifier is a Class D designed highly efficient amplifier. The Class D ensures that amplifiers that are small-sized give off high sound quality that can equal to the sound of bigger amplifiers. This tech also provides that the Pioneer amp runs cool, ensuring a steady, pleasant listening experience.
Effortless Tuning and Connection: The Pioneer guys defy the logic “to enjoy a quality sound, your car stereo should have RCA output.” This Pioneer product features for its automatic tuning a speaker-level input. Also, it features low/high-pass filters for adjusting the produced sound to suit your preference.
- It is impressively powerful
- Features automatic signal sensing
- Easy to install
- Built for damage protection
- Awesome compact design
- Highly reliable
- Ideal for limited space vehicles
- Fuses aren’t replaceable
The Rockford Fosgate is another performing brand in this review. This company is known for their top quality amplifier in the world or auto music, but do you know about the R600X5? The Rockford Fosgate R600X5 takes care of your listening needs with its ability to drive continuously about four speakers with 50 watts respectively and powering its sub with about 300 watts.
All Round Solution: This product incorporates an all-around solution for every amplification needs. This amplifier is capable of running on a subwoofer and 4 set of speakers without tiring, at 2-ohm it can also be bridged. This products speaker-level input ensures that it can be utilized with any stereo.
Excellent Sound Quality: There are different Classes of amplifiers ranging from Class A/B and Class D, but it’s rare to find the combination of three classes which is A, B and D. However, R600X5 features the best of all types. These include;
- Class A: Amazing sound quality
- Class B: Reduced overheating
- Class D: Top-notch efficiency.
Undistorted Loud Sound: Using this amplifier gives you a loud quality sound without blowing you off your car. Its music is satisfactory, clean, and loud. This is achieved by sending 50 watts of power to every 4 speakers and about 300 watts to its subwoofer.
- Durable aluminum cast alloy heat sink takes away heat quickly
- Top-notch Class AB/D technology
- Amp is compliant with authorities.
- Effortless controls
- Its thermal sensing is automatic
- Its power output is low
It’s a bit challenging to set up some connections.
The Kenwood KAC-9106D takes only 500 watts of power for 4 ohms of resistance and takes 1000 watts of power for 2 ohms. So you can see that you don’t have to give too much power to this amazing amplifier.
The load capacity of the Kenwood KAC-9106D is 2 Ohms so you don’t have to give more than 1000 watts of power to make it run smoothly.
Amazingly the Kenwood KAC-9106D is very light in weight. It weighs only 6.17 pounds which makes it one of the lightest amplifiers in the market. So you don’t have worry about carrying it anywhere you like.
Moreover, the dimensions of this amazing amplifier are 15.3 x 10.2 x 4.8 inches which means the length of this amplifier is only 15.3 inches. For this reason, you can easily see for yourself that it is very compact in size.
For this amazing weight and length, it is very easy to fit this amplifier anywhere in your car.
- Gives loud sound to less power.
- A 100 amp of fuse boosts the bass even more.
- Compact and fits easily.
- Light in weight for easy installation.
- High-quality bass because of extreme built.
- May shut down automatically after running for a while.
The RMS continuous power of the Rockford Fosgate R250X4 varies with ohms and watts. This helps to ensure you the verities of power and ohms that you can choose.
Unlike most other amplifiers in the market, you can make this amazing amplifier working with aftermarket sources. Not only that, but it also works with factory installed units.
One of the most amazing features of the Rockford Fosgate R250X4 is that you will find LP HP and AP crossover in onboard 12 dB octave. So you can make any combination you like the sounds you require.
With the Rockford Fosgate R250X4, you will get an onboard punch equalizer. Amazingly this EQ can help you get a +18 boost at 45 Hz only. So you can see how low frequency it takes to give you such high boost.
- Both class A and B circuit topology included.
- Only 6.7 pounds in weight making it very light.
- The length is quite compact for easy fit and installation.
- Takes very low frequency to give high boosts.
- Separates front and rear sounds.
- Adjusts between the sub speakers and door speakers.
- The volume may not be very loud.
- Startup process may feel slow.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUY AMPLIFIER
Before going to buy the best amplifier for your car, it’s better to know about some terms which relate to the car amplifier.
In order to buy a perfect amplifier which suits your car, you should know about these. These terms include the class of amplifier, channel, bass boost, RMS power and more.
It’s very important to know what each term indicates.
We described 4 factors about car amp, which you must need to consider before buying an amplifier for your car sound system.
Class of amplifier is very important terms. It indicates the structure and features of the amplifier electronic circuit.
It’s related to characteristics of the amplifier, sound performance, and power dissipation.
There are 4 types of amplifier class.
- Class A: Class A amplifier is one of the best and most desirable amplifiers. It provides the best sound quality than other classes though it’s low signal distortion level. The problem of this class amplifier is high operating temperature. It happens because of its output the transistor does not turn off. It always has current running through them, even if there was no audio signal. For this reason, the amp gets heat up.
- Class B: It’s invented with solutions of class A problem and It’s developed version of the class A. It’ has no efficiency and heating problem. Because It’ transistor turns off for half of every signal cycle. By the way, it tended sound distort at high frequencies.
- Class AB: Class AB is the combination of Class A and B. It’s mostly similar to Class B amplifier. However, it’s also run current through output transistor but it’ allows much lower current than Class A amplifier.
- Class D: This amplifier is the non-linear amplifier. You can control the power distribution of output transistor by the switch. Comparatively class AB amplifier, it has tended to deliver higher distortion.
In order to make you more clear about Amplifier classes, we have given a table about Pros and Cons of amp classes.
|Class A||Highest frequency, sound reproduction||Enegery inefficiency, high level operating temperature|
|Class B||Low rate energy inefficiency, low temperature||Tend to sound distortion at high frequencies.|
|Class AB||Low operating temperature, Better sound frequency and sound reproduction, adequate energy saving||Peak performance is lower than class A|
|Class D||Save energy, low operating temperatures, low-frequency sound reproduction||Humble high-frequency sound reproduction|
So, which amplifier class will be better for you? What is our recommended amplifier class?
Well, our answer is Class AB will be better for your car. Its offer benefits of A and B both classes with maintaining the quality of sound.
Bass boost is a circuitry. It boosts the bass sound, improves the sound reproduction.
Some of the amplifiers keep this feature. So that, users could tune the bass boost by adjusting the center frequency.
CHANNEL OF CAR AMPLIFIER
Channel is the audio signal of the amplifier.
You can connect single speaker/subwoofer with the single channel output or more channels output with more speaker/subwoofer.
RMS (Root Mean Square) POWER OF CAR AMPLIFIER
RMS power is a number of continues power that amplifier produces. RMS power indicates the sound quality of the amplifier.
If Higher the RMS Power, the amp will produce louder and clean sound quality.
So, you must notice it when you buy any car amplifier.
How To Install an Amplifier [ 4 Steps]
Thanks for being with is until the very end of the article. Here in this review, we’ve mined out the best-recognized models of car amplifiers for money. They not only pay off the investment but also promises long-term durability in return. So, move forward and find the best amplifier for car within budget.